Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: Birchbox (March)



The thing I love most about Birchbox, besides the price tag, is that it lets me try out products before I buy them. Essentially the monthly box gives you a small selection of beauty products in larger than normal sample sizes. It's a great way to preview new products before you decide to splurge on the full-size option.

For only $10 a month you get usually between 4-5 items curated by the Birchbox team. This is my fourth month getting the box and I still think it's fully worth it. Before the box ships I get an e-mail with a link to a sneak peek video that gives me some idea of what to expect. There's usually one or two things that they talk about that don't end of in my box and I like being able to guess which items will turn up when my box finally arrives. The sneak peak gives me a pretty good idea of some of the bigger items I'll get, but there's always a few surprises which I like.

Below is the sneak peak for the March box:



This month I got:

 
 

My Reactions:
  • Madwell for Birchbox - I was pretty excited about the emery board because besides being adorably floral patterned, I was in desperate need of a new one. I am constantly changing my nail polish color and reshaping my nails, so this will definitely come in handy.
  • Make - The Make products both came in a very cute re-closeable bag which is a great place to store them until I try them out. It's a great way to isolate them from the make-up that I use on a regular basis and serves a reminder that they're there - the other option being that they get lost in the endless supply of make-up that I've seemed to accumulate.
  • Whish - Even though the shaving cream is completely practical, I don't tend to use it. I shave mostly in the shower and just rely on the water and body wash. I'll use it, don't get me wrong, but that's where my relationship with the brand will probably end.
  • Oscar Blandi - I love thickening products. I feel like the longer my hair gets, the thinner it feels. The Oscar Blandi hair lift will be used up in no time! Also, it's definitely a product that I'm looking for, so it might be one of the things I end up buying afterwards.
Another month of great scores with Birchbox. I can't wait to see what comes in April!

Do you subscribe to Birchbox or any related monthly boxes? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment